Taylor Swift - Speak Now

When I first heard that Taylor Swift was coming to Hong Kong, it was all anyone could talk about. Nobody this big had come to Hong Kong ever apparently. Even though I had already seen her live in Toronto, I decided it would be fun to go again here with some friends as she hadn't been too shabby before. Also it was a different album so I thought it would be interesting to see what she did differently.
It was actually quite awkward during the concert as we had one of the science teachers from our school sitting behind us with his family.
Taylor put on a good show but I was quite disappointed because it was... the. exact. same. as it had been in Toronto. I am quite serious. Besides the fact that she was doing different songs all the choreography and how the concert flowed was the same. T-swizzle now has enough material to do a two hour set, having 3 albums but instead she stuck to a performance of just under an hour. But besides the great let down, I did like how instead of playing a twelve string and explaining what it was in an extremely simple way, this time she played a ukulele for her acoustic set in the middle of the crowd. This I found was quite interesting and raised my now plummeting respect for her by a bit. My final dislike of the night though had to be how she spoke English slowly to the audience thinking that none of us would be able to understand her, when a high percent of Hong Kong is versed in this language.
Taylor Swift playing Back To December (Apologize/You're Not Sorry) live in Hong Kong 2011.

1 comment:

ronnie44 said...

I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFTT <3