Maroon 5 - Hands All Over

I have never been a huge Maroon 5 fan, not that I think their music is terrible or anything. Their songs are catchy and Adam Levine's voice is pretty unique, just I've never been "hooked" on their music but when the occasion presented itself to see Maroon 5 at the last minute, I thought I may as well go. I do enjoy live music after all!
It turns out the whim wasn't too bad after all. Maroon 5 are pretty good live, they have an energetic set and Adam Levine's vocals are just as unique live as they are on the recordings. They of course performed at Asia World Expo, the biggest venue in Hong Kong as they have a huge fan base here of people from all ages both local and expat. Adam Levine had a pretty good stage presence with running around, interacting with the audience and injecting bits of humour. They also had a great varied setlist of their big hits, songs from their new album and they also did an acoustic cover of Billie Jean which was probably my favourite part of the show. Everybody at the concert seemed to be enjoying themselves with the light hearted upbeat tempos and after I left the show I had the tunes stuck in my head.
Maroon 5 performing This Love in Hong Kong

No comments: