Nightbox with LIGHTS

Nightbox are a five piece Irish band, with two brothers who are from Toronto. They have a very talented synth-dance-indie rock sound. They also sound a lot like one of my favourite bands, Friendly Fires, also from the UK.
Personally, I am not always fond of opening acts and never have high expectations. Usually I am not fazed by the opening band but I love the pleasant surprise when I turn out to love the band. This happened with Nightbox.
Nightbox had a superb live show and their sound was very good. They seemed very genuine and professional. During their last song most of the band grabbed a pair of drumsticks and where all playing on the drum set. This was very neat as the sound was strange but very good and also you could tell they were really having fun. After their set they were going to be at the merch booth to talk to new fans and sign CDs, I wanted to go but since the venue was so busy, decided against it since I did not want to loose my spot in the crowd and not be able to see Lights when she came on.
I would most definitely see Nightbox again if they came back to Toronto, they are definitely a show to go to! Also check out their song, Pyramid, it's incredibly catchy.
Nightbox play Body of a Man in Toronto.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love nightboxx!!! <33

Anonymous said...

I found this from nightbox's twitter! So cool :)