Rain: A Tribute to The Beatles - Toronto 2011

Being the huge Beatles fan I am, when it was announced that Rain: A Tribute to The Beatles would be returning to Toronto, I just had to see them yet again.
Rain were just as good as the first time I saw them, if not better! There are multiple members of Rain, making up 3 versions of "The Beatles". I was fortunate enough this time to see all completely new members of the group. I think that the change of "John Lennons" from the first time made a big difference because the one I saw recently was much better. The original I saw did not have much character to him and barely sounded like John Lennon as well. This time though the John was almost better than the "Paul McCartney". He had all the John Lennon characteristics down to a T. The Paul McCartney this time was actually not quite as good as the first one I saw, though he wasn't bad either. The first one I saw live though was almost difficult not to believe he was Sir Macca himself.
Rain also played quite a few different songs at this concert from the time I saw them before, which was nice to here their versions of different Beatles songs. They put on a fantastic show again, taking their audience back to the decade ruled by the Fab Four. The band also acknowledged young fans of the Mop Tops, which I think was a nice touch, helping to encourage The Beatles continuation on through another generation.
Rain: A Tribute to The Beatles is definitely a show I would recommend someone to go to, no matter what age you are or how big of a Beatles fan. I would go see Rain for sure for a third if and when they return to Toronto.
Rain: A Tribute to The Beatles highlights from their Broadway residency

1 comment:

Patty said...

I saw them on Broadway. They are truly amazing!