The Sheepdogs - Learn & Burn

I don't know!
The chorus line from The Sheepdogs' most popular song, I Don't Know. It's a great song which I originally saw the video for in Hong Kong on the music channel, then enlightening me to the amazingness of this band.
The Sheepdogs are from Saskatoon in Saskatchewan, Canada and have a very 70's "bearded" rock sound to them. I usually love bands that are newer to the music scene but take ques from older sound. Having missed  the great decades for music in the 20th century, they helped to keep the sound going for those not part of that generation, and The Sheepdogs are just that.
Their concert was absolutely excellent and they were just like a real 70s rock concert but with better lighting techniques (this being confirmed by my father.) They were very professional, thanking both of their opening acts by name. They also mentioned how it was "Movember", thanked everyone in the audience sprouting beards for the cause (themselves donning beards year round) and told the audience that they had donated one dollar from every ticket sold for this show to the cause. The show in Hamilton was almost sold out, if not entirely! The crowd knew every song that they played. I have never really been to Hamilton before, and I figured that judging by the audience my father, me and The Sheepdogs were the only ones who were not from nearby. The audience were very excited about the show, which was originally scheduled at 'The Studio' but was changed to the hockey arena, Copps Coliseum, due to how fast the tickets sold out originally. For their last song, The Sheepdogs invited back out both Monster Truck and Young Rival, and they all performed a rendition of great Canadian rocker, Neil Young's Down By The River.
If The Sheepdogs show in Hamilton had not been moved I would have not been able to see them since they are going to be in Toronto (on December 9th and 10th) at Lee's Palace but I couldn't go. I would advise anyone in Toronto though who can go, to definitely see The Sheepdogs!
This was probably one of my favourite concerts I have been to. They are definitely a band to see or at least buy their album.
The Sheepdogs playing I Don't Know in Hamilton, 2011.
The Sheepdogs, Young Rival and Monster Truck playing Down By The River by Neil Young during the encore in Hamilton.

3 comments:

Kangaroora5 said...

I saw they are going to be at the Niagara New Year's show. They sound really good in your review. I think I will go see them for sure.

Anonymous said...

that was one of my first concerts and it was absolutely amazing! rock on hamilton

Pineapplemango said...

I love this blog post! This concert sounded amazing. Your blog is very good.