Roger Waters - The Wall Live 2012

Roger Waters' performance of The Wall live is like nothing else I have ever seen. It was also one of the best productions I have ever seen. It was also one of my favourite concert experiences.
Roger Waters, the past bassist of Pink Floyd, has done quite a few tours of The Wall live before, but each time is a somewhat different experience. The concert that I saw incorporated different media elements, with clips from The Wall movie, news clips and photos, larger than life puppets of the characters in the movie as well as many other aspects. The show was a true spectacular with everything being incredibly over the top. It was like no other concert I have ever been too. I am sure that throughout at least half of the show my jaw was on the floor, I couldn't believe what I was experiencing.
The music was very good as well! The Wall is a great album and one of my all-time personal favourites. The backing band did a great job and Roger Waters sounded as good as ever. They definitely did the album justice. Roger Waters was also quite cheery, when he is known for being incredibly grumpy. At the very end of the performance, he thanked the audience and mentioned how before he would not have liked playing a show like this but enjoyed it now.
The Wall was a truly magical experience, and should be near the top of concerts you must see!
The beginning of The Wall live by Roger Waters, In The Flesh

No comments: