Hillside Inside 2013

When this show was announced, it seemed too great to be true! Two of my favourite bands (including one of my all-time top favourites) that compliment each other perfectly, playing the indoor winter version of my favourite, beloved music festival - what could be better than that? To say the least, it was definitely worth the drive to Guelph.
Both bands were a great way to start off my concert streak for 2013. Born Ruffians, a local Toronto band, started off the evening. They have a great energetic, indie-pop sound that has created many fun and sing-along-able songs. Born Ruffians are an entertaining band and definitely were a great beginning to the night.
Next were the headliners, Hollerado, one of my all-time favourite bands. I have already had the chance to see them a few times so I feel redundant going into much detail about their set. They had a great, fun, energetic show as always; performing a whole bunch of their great alt-rock material with staple fan favourites, as well as new material from their forthcoming new album. There was also lots of confetti at the show, making it all the more fun, and leaving me covered with colourful paper by the end of the night.
It was also so much fun getting to see these bands play at a show organized by Hillside, since the vibe was just as relaxed and fun as it is during the summer festival. It definitely helped curve my mid-year Hillside withdrawal.

No comments: