Bon Jovi - What About Now

Bon Jovi have been one of my favourite bands since middle school, and were one of my first concerts! (Taylor Swift doesn't really count in my books.) Obviously I was going to be excited for their latest album and accompanying tour, even if I have grown out of that phase of my music-life.
Surprisingly, I am quite impressed with the quality produced on Bon Jovi's newest studio album, What About Now. I was honestly not expecting something of this level. It is very classic Bon Jovi, with many of the elements being of the most recent Bon Jovi era, therefore giving it a similar flavour to their past couple studio albums. I will admit this album is no masterpiece or their finest work but despite this, I really enjoy quite a few of their new songs. Many are very catchy, with some great hooks. There is also a variety featured on the album, with the typical power ballads along with the uplifting, hope-inspiring rock tunes. It did take a while for the album to grow on me but it is of quality far better than what was expected and definitely worth being given a chance.
Bon Jovi also met with a top quality performance - as usual! I really enjoyed the performances I witnessed on their last tour but I would say, that they have even made improvements with this tour. This time round there was no opening act; allowing for a night of untainted Bon Jovi. The band was also in top form, and Jon's voice is still in great condition. They played a great setlist, with a variety of upbeat rock anthems and ballads spanning their three decade career. This was definitely a worthwhile night, and solidified my continued love for this band's music.

No comments: