Boys Who Say No In-store at Sonic Boom

Before Sonic Boom announced the Boys Who Say No in-store, I was completely unaware as to who they were but of course loving the in-store experiences, was inclined to attend. Boys Who Say No are an indie band from Toronto and were performing at the record store to help promote their forthcoming album, Contingencies.
The band's set was great, performing seven songs from the new album. Their sound had the slight roughness of all good indie music but was still very clear and good. They played a small variety of instruments onstage, including the ukulele - which I enjoyed a lot being a uke player myself. They had quite a bit of energy in their performance even though they were confined to a small stage. There was a good turnout for the show considering that the band is not that well-known. I was able to get their new CD there, which as a heads up is absolutely great. I have already listened to it quite a few times!
The band was very personable and talkative both onstage and off. They were very nice to both old and new fans who had turned out for the performance.
I would definitely go to see them live again if possible. I recommend if you have the chance to check them out at the Steam Whistle Brewing on Friday, February 24th. It's sure to be a great set!
Boys Who Say No perform Small Town Girl off of Contingencies at Sonic Boom

No comments: