The Balconies at Sonic Boom CMW

The Balconies, a three piece alternative rock band from Ottawa/Toronto, were my first performance of Canadian Music Week. Naturally when the in-stores at Sonic Boom were announced for CMW, I was going to try and attend as many as I could.
I had heard of the band before the show since they had opened for one of my favourites, Nightbox, back in January. I hadn't attended that concert but had figured that The Balconies would be a good band to see from what I had heard.
It turned out that my hunch was right. They performed a great set, which was long compared to most of the other in-stores I have been to. They are a very talented trio, with a great sound and awesome live performance. Even though there were sadly not too many people there and it was in a record shop, the band was still able to make it feel as if it were a proper concert!
This is one band that I would most definitely recommend, especially if you have the chance to see them! They will be performing on the side stage at Edgefest this July in Toronto with many other great acts, and I will most definitely be there to see them again!
Also their EP, Kill Count, is awesome and definitely one of my new favourites!
The Balconies official video for their incredibly catchy song, Kill Count

No comments: