DZ Deathrays at Sonic Boom CMW

DZ Deathrays were the first international band that I saw during CMW, hailing all the way from Australia!
They were also a drastic change from the soft acoustic vibe of most of the sets the day before.
The band consists of only two members, who create an upbeat alternative rock with-a-dash-of-punk sound. Their songs are good and catchy, with a great live sound that makes them irresistibly hard to not bob your head along to.
There was not much to their show, though both musicians were very enthusiastic onstage and were both evidently very into what they were doing.  I enjoyed their performance quite a bit, even though I have not ever really listened this sort of music.
I am very happy that they performed at the record store, because I may not have discovered them and I really enjoy their music a lot! Two songs to check out by the band would be Dollar Chills and Gebbie St. Those are both my favourites by them, and were also performed during their set at Sonic Boom.
DZ Deathrays were great live and have awesome music too! 
DZ Deathrays perform Gebbie St at Sonic Boom for CMW

No comments: