Bloodshot Bill at Sonic Boom Record Store Day

Bloodshot Bill is also from Montreal and has a 50's rock'n'roll-with-a-pinch-of-country sound to his music.
Personally I did not really enjoy his performance. His songs were rather short but he still played quite a few and they began to go on for longer as his set went on. His music also included a lot of snorting- which made me think I was back in Hong Kong, where people horked on the street all too often and it sounded just like that.
His music was upbeat and fast, though it lacked the hooks that I enjoy in 50's rock'n'roll. I will give him credit though for his obvious homage to the era, with his slicked backed hair - very similar to that of Elvis. I did not completely enjoy his voice either, since it was very nasel during some songs, and at other times sounded like Steve Martin.
Bloodshot Bill was not my type of music, though I'm not saying he was talentless! He played percussion, along with guitar and singing - so this was rather impressive how he was a one man band.
All in all, I didn't enjoy the performance but if you do like this style, then I would not deter you from seeing him live.
Bloodshot Bill's song She's My Baby

No comments: