Nightbox at Sonic Boom CMW

Nightbox are a band from Ireland/Toronto, with a cool alternative, dance-synth sound with great rhythms.
I have seen Nightbox once before, when they opened for Lights in Toronto back in November, which was when I first found out about them. I had not expected to be able to see this band so soon again, since their shows are usually 19+. I could not believe my luck when it was announced that one of my favourite bands would be playing at my favourite record store, and because I had requested it!
Their set was great, with them playing all their songs off of their debut EP, along with a few other songs that aren't officially released but are still staples of their live shows. I had wondered what their in-store performance would be like since the stage would be much more confining, and the set would only be around a half hour in length. I had especially wondered whether they would still do their percussion outro, which is one of the best parts of their live show. Nightbox did in fact end in their usual way, making the show a great experience. This performance was still different from the last time I saw them though, mainly since I knew most of the songs and was a lot closer to the stage as well.
Nightbox had a great set as expected and there was a pretty good turnout, with many (underage) fans attending, along with those who were hanging around the shop for the in-stores, who became new fans.
Nightbox was definitely my highlight of Canadian Music Week! If you have not heard of them already, I suggest you check out their EP!
Nightbox performing my favourite song of their's, Bears at Sonic Boom for CMW!

No comments: