Zeus at Sonic Boom CMW

Zeus are a Toronto rock band, with a steadily growing fan base. This was the busiest in-store I had ever been to at Sonic Boom! The whole entire vinyl section at the record store was absolutely packed (and that space is rather large!)
Considering the crowd size, it came as a surprise that I had never heard of Zeus before. I only became aware of them after the announcement that they were on the lineup for CMW at Sonic Boom. I knew that they were one of the big names to be playing at the shop over the course of three days, so I listened to quite a few songs by them beforehand. I liked what I heard so I was excited to see the band perform live.
Zeus' show was most definitely not a disappointment! They were absolutely great, and mainly only played songs off of their newest album, Busting Visions, which had not been released at the time. The band put on a great rock show, and everyone in the audience was really into the music. I really liked their live sound, and their music is really good - it takes a lot of cues from old school rock, which I always really love in a band! The band members all switched around instrument duties as well, helping to add to their talented performance. All four members were incredibly talented, and I can see why they were the most popular performance for CMW at Sonic Boom this year.
I was able to get their second album on CD before it was released and even though it has now been out for almost a week, I would recommend that if you have not purchased it already to do so!
Zeus performing Let It Go, Don't Let It Go at Sonic Boom for CMW

No comments: