Young Rival with The Sheepdogs

Young Rival are a three piece band from Hamilton, Ontario.
Before the show I actually had no idea who the opening acts were so I was in for a pleasant surprise when Young Rival came on stage. I was actually a bit surprised by their sound since they are not in the same category of music as the headlining act. They did a simple set of around seven songs but were still very good. They seemed to be quite thankful to be opening for The Sheepdogs and showed a bit of humour in their show, playing slide guitar with beer bottles.The only problem there really seemed to be was that their sound mix was a bit off. The bass was too loud and overpowered the rest of the mix, so the vocals did not stand out very clearly. I could still hear the lead guitar part quite well though and it was pretty good. Also I could not understand what the lead singer was saying when he would speak, and therefore didn't find out Young Rival was from Hamilton until The Sheepdogs mentioned it.
Young Rival was still very good live though and I would be inclined to see them if they were ever in Toronto.
Young Rival at the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto.
I couldn't find many live videos of the band. Sorry!

1 comment:

guitarwizard317 said...

I just saw them with The Sheepdogs in Toronto! They were so good! I went to see them again the next week when they came back.