The Arkells with The Darcys at the CNE

After having seen both The Darcys and The Arkells over the summer, I knew that this show at the Canadian National Exhibition was going to be amazing! As it turns out, I was correct.
The Darcys started off the evening with a great set that was just as good if not better than the other two times I have seen them before. The audience seemed to be enjoying the band, though most people at the bandshell were there solely to see the headliners. My personal highlight of The Darycs' set was when they played Don't Bleed Me, one of my favourite songs by them which I have not had the chance to see them perform live before.
The Arkells are an awesome live act, and put on an amazing show to rival their set at Hillside. They have a fantastic alternative rock sound, which was great to keep people moving on the cool August night. Even if you are not a huge fan of the band's music, they still put on such a fun live show that it's next to impossible to not enjoy one of their concerts. The best part of their show was when they performed the Hall & Oates song You Make My Dreams, which had been my favourite part of their show at Hillside. This time round though they had Canadian singer-songwriter Lights come out and join them. Making the performance extra special. This was definitely the show of the CNE this summer.
The last few songs The Arkells performed at the CNE this year.

No comments: