Kevin Hearn at Sonic Boom CMW

Kevin Hearn is the current keyboard player in the Canadian band, The Barenaked Ladies. Of course due to this, I knew it would be a good experience to go see him since he would be one of the bigger names to play at Sonic Boom over the course of the next three days.
Surprisingly though the turnout was not huge for this performance, especially compared to some of the other big names playing for CMW at the record store, though there were many Barenaked Ladies fans in attendance regardless.
Kevin Hearn actually had a better sound than I expected. I had listened to one of his songs beforehand but not being much of a Barenaked Ladies fan, I didn't know how much I would enjoy the show. In the end, I enjoyed his music quite a bit though I probably won't listen to it too much in the future.
His accompanying band, Thin Buckle, helped to add to the set as well. The drummer especially had lots of energy and put on a show with his drumming; drumming on the wall and pretty much anything close to him.
Kevin Hearn had a very good live performance, I don't regret sticking around to see him at Sonic Boom!
Kevin Hearn performing Monsters Anonymous, (my favourite song by him) live

No comments: