Young Rival at Sonic Boom CMW

Young Rival were the first in-store at Sonic Boom for CMW where I was a real fan of the band.
I discovered Young Rival back a few months ago when they opened for The Sheepdogs in Hamilton at Copps Coliseum. I really enjoy their music but had figured that I would not get another chance to see them again for a while, since they would only be playing 19+ shows. Luckily enough though, they played at my favourite record store in Toronto!
Young Rival's set was incredible! The store did clear out a bit after The Inbreds, but the crowd that did stick around were all fans of the band. The atmosphere for the show was great with everyone bobbing their heads along to the infectious music, and singing along as well. Their sound was great, and they played a good set full of songs mainly off their LP, making it impossible not to move to the catchy tunes. A highlight of the show was how Aron D'Alesio, the lead singer and guitarist, played slide guitar in between songs with his beer bottle, I especially liked this as I remembered the same thing from their show with The Sheepdogs.
All the members of the band were very nice, as I was able to get my CD signed by each of them after the show.
Young Rival are definitely a band that I would recommend. Also I would suggest that if you ever get the chance to see them live, to definitely go as they were great both of the times I saw them perform. I can't wait until the next time I get to see this band in concert.
Young Rival performing Authentic at Sonic Boom
Video from: wefanscomingsoon

No comments: