The Darcys at Sonic Boom Record Store Day

Upon entering Sonic Boom a few minutes before The Darcys' performance the store was completely packed it seemed! I had been late with arriving due to visiting other record stores and subway delays. Even though I knew Record Store Day was their busiest day of the year, I was still surprised by how many people were at the store but it was great how they seemed to be Toronto's most popular choice for Record Store Day.
The Darcys are a local Toronto band, who have a rather large fan base, so many people in the packed rows of vinyls at the shop were there just to see them. The Darcys put on a great show, powering through their set of around five songs, which made up for my having to miss Army Girls beforehand. I really enjoy The Darcys' sound and had already listened to them a bit before their in-store was announced.  Their live performance was very well done, and I loved their live sound. If given the chance I would definitely see them again. They were a great start to my in-stores for Record Store Day.
The Darcys performing Don't Bleed Me live

No comments: